March 2021 Workbench competition

 Here we go. Here is the description:

1. Send in one or more photos of where you work to create your models and

2. Provide a nice description of how it works for you.

Prizes!

1st:  A Sphere Products paint stand comprising space for 20 Vallejo sized pots and 16 Tamiya sized pots plus 3 brushes.

2nd Place: A Sphere Products paint stand comprising space for 10 Vallejo sized pots and 8 Tamiya sized pots plus 3 brushes.

In the case of a tie, my wife will pack the winner out of a hat.

Voting. After each workstation image and description there is a link. Click on the link for your chosen workstation (each one has a dedicated link). This will open up a new e-mail with the correct address. All you have to do is click on the "Send" button (or whatever on your phone) and I will receive your vote. Easy. However, last time some of you got confused. Please do it this way as it makes it easier for me to count the votes.

Here we go:

Bill Banks



Bill says: "This is a view of my bench in its usual untidy state at the near end of a project. I then have a spring clean before starting the next.On the right is my paint cupboard. That certainly needs a sort out.However the view is good when.   one needs an eye rest. The bench is constructed from an mdf board clamped to  a camping table from caravanning days. Fine if one does not kick a leg as it collapses in style as it did for me two weeks ago..Smile.

Vote for Bill  - Click HERE

David Pennington



David says: "The top images shows my nice electric desk. This was supplied by the Open University. It can be raised or lowered to change the angle for my back and, more importantly, my neck when working. It is 2m wide and 1m deep so has space for my modelling, programming, New Zealand stamp collection and my concertina! The second image shows where I store my sewing machine (into patchwork) and, hidden, my compressor. The compressor is turned on and off using my Alexa system. The abundance of white cabling is part of my ongoing installation of Sky Q, where the two Sky wall connectors are, of course, buried right behind my desk!"

Vote for David - Click HERE

Jeff Adams





Jeff says: "Please find attached, some photos for the workbench, competition. Pictures: one and two, show my normal set up, in my workshop. Pictures: three and four, show my temporary, "winter" set up, in a spare bedroom. I will be moving my model activities back into the workshop soon, now that the weather is improving and hope to start airbrushing again, after a long absence."

Vote for Jeff - Click HERE

John Rose





John Says: "Here's my not so tidy workbench or the tank(sherman) assembly line as I like to call it. Chaotic? Nah, I know where most bits are. From here, the completed item goes to the paint shop. Sorry I meant shed."

Vote for John - Click HERE

Peter Carlo



Peter says: "Regarding the  photo of work space competition this is mine .It came about when I came home from hospital a couple of years ago because my wife said you had better use the table so that you are not doubled up and are sitting properly. Now I am getting the occasional complaint that I am encroaching on the whole of the table especially when a new kit box is opened and spreads down the table   Just for a few minutes honest!"

Vote for Peter - Click HERE

Peter Terry



Peter Says: "I like having every thing to hand no stretching or reaching and a place for the coffee mug a work board that is easy to remove with every thing in place so i can clean down the desk when necessary with a room that is compact and warm in winter."

Vote for Peter - Click HERE


That's all. Best of luck everyone - oh! As I am donating the prizes, I will not figure in the results, as far as prizes go. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

June 2023

 Well, I am back at the club after over  6 months away. The meeting was very well attended. When I got there, it didn't look as though I...